Mother’s Day is this Sunday. Need ideas for breakfast? Why not try some Eggs Benedict? You can easily pair this with a nice Strawberry Mango Mimosa to kick start a wonderful day of pampering mom.
Mother’s Day Eggs Benedict
4 slices Canadian bacon
2 English muffins, split and toasted
4 eggs, poached
Hollandaise Sauce recipe (see recipe below)
optional garnish: fresh dill or parsley
- Brown Canadian bacon in a skillet.
- Plate English muffins cut side up.
- Place two slices of Canadian bacon on top of each muffin half, top with a poached egg.
- Drizzle warm Hollandaise Sauce over the egg.
- Garnish with fresh chopped dill or parsley
- 3 egg yolks
- 1½ tablespoons cold water
- 3 teaspoons lemon juice
- ⅓ cup clarified butter, warm
- pinch salt
- pinch ground cayenne/red pepper
- hot water, as needed
- In a stainless bowl over simmering water or in top of a double boiler, vigorously and continuously whisk together egg yolks, cold water and lemon juice until mixture thickens and is doubles in volume.
- Continue whisking; gradually drizzle in warm clarified butter, salt and cayenne. Mixture should thicken and double again in volume.
- Remove from heat. Salt and pepper to taste. Keep in warm spot until ready to serve. If sauce gets too thick whisk in a couple of teaspoons of warm water at at time until desired consistency is reached.
Use this to create a breakfast mom will cherish. Don’t forget the Mimosa’s