Looking for a patriotic side dish for your 4th of July BBQ? Well, look no further! This traditional dip is a delicious, well-loved dish that you can easily dress up to show your patriotism and love for the United States.
Patriotic 4th of July 7 Layer Dip
An easy and beautiful 4th of July 7 layer taco dip
- 1 can refried beans
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 packet of taco seasoning (or skip the MSG and use your own taco flavorings)
- 1 16 oz. jar of salsa
- 1 1/2 cups pico de gallo
- 1 1/2 cups guacamole
- 1 cup shredded monterey jack cheese
- Black beans, drained and rinsed
- Cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- Evenly spread refried beans on the bottom of an 8×8 pan.
- In a separate bowl, mix the sour cream and 1/2 packet of taco seasoning. Then, evenly layer on top of the refried beans.
- Spread the jarred salsa evenly over the sour cream
- Spread pico de gallo over the jarred salsa
- Spread guacamole over the salsa and pico
- Create an American Flag on top of the layers using black beans, shredded cheese, and halved cherry tomatoes.
Serve this delicious side with tortilla chips.
*Add seasoned and cooked ground beef in a layer on top of the refried beans for a heartier version.
Stop in to Farmers Fresh Market to grab the ingredients for this festive dip. Stop next door at Wells Liquor South for your favorite beer.